Friday, May 8, 2009

Home-made Organic Caramel Popcorn

Our yummy afternoon-tea treat was organic caramel popcorn!

I had no idea that people weren't making their own popcorn until I read this post at Salt and Chocolate. To make caramel popcorn you just pop your own corn (see the link or the back of a packet of kernals) & then in a separate saucepan you mix a large chunk of butter with a generous helping of brown sugar and about a tablespoon of honey. Heat them all together, stirring as you go. Let it thicken for a few minutes. Take it off the heat & then mix in your popped corn. Serve. Eat. Brush your teeth :)

As you can see I'm a bit casual when it comes to precise measurements but reeeeeally you can't go too wrong!


Fb Comments
8 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

8 comments :

  1. Hi Amber,
    Thanks for the recipe!
    Would you mind sharing where you got your beautiful wooden animals from (the ones your boys were making a puppet show with)? Thanks, Miri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. My niece also likes to melt chocolate on her popcorn. Also a winner.

    I take it your middle take is Melody? I'm curious, do you sing? All the Melodys or Melodies I know sing. Random I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I'm now starving! Looks great. Found interesting article on allowing 30 minutes after drinking cokes to brush your teeth. I have NO idea if that applies to caramel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I heard that the microwave popcorn is supposed to be bad for your health, I was thinking how I would make popcorn without a popcorn popper. Thanks for the yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and read through the entire thing! I'm so inspired. I too have two little boys (three and 6 months) and am very interested in Montessori schooling. thanks for the great insight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone!

    Miri - I was lucky enough to buy the wooden animals at a store locally & don't know if they are a particular brand or not. Sorry. I do love the Holztiger animals & bought some of them for Easter presents but they are quite a bit more expensive so will only be for special occasions I think. Sigh ;)

    SBG - you can leave Coca Cola on your teeth for 30 minutes!?! I thought they'd have fallen out by then!!

    Koko's mama - Please let me know if you make it!

    Val - yup! Yum :)

    Mer - Welcome! Please visit me again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my mouth was watering just looking at the yummy picture... Can't wait to try it!
    Thanks
    kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...