Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fiction + Non-Fiction

Yesterday while we were in the car - on our way to go rollerskating baby!! - L & I stumbled into a conversation about the difference between 'Fiction' and 'Non-Fiction'.

That fed into a game where I said the name of a book in the boys library collection & he told me if it was Fiction or Non-Fiction. To my surprise he got it right every time! We played it so many times that I couldn't think of any more books. Phew!

So, today, he made Fiction & Non-Fiction labels.



Showed his Montessori credentials by insisting that he check that the widths of his labels matched ;)



Laid out 2 mats...



Collected a pile of books from his room..


& got sorting :)



Fb Comments
2 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

2 comments :

  1. Ha - I am nicking that one - we are looking at fiction/non-fiction in the first few weeks of school, which starts in septmeber.

    Thanks mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! My pleasure ;)

    I *love* to think of some of my activities ending up in Montessori classrooms. That's so cool.
    Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...